Why, when you go to a restaurant they charge you up to two dollars more for a Caesar salad, than their regular garden salad?
It looks like the garden salad takes a lot more work to prepare, all the cutting and chopping and tossing involved.
I just do not understand why, especially when you know that the croutons they are using are of the run of the mill variety, and the bacon bits are simulated.
So, tomorrow is the Day I Dread The Most All Year. . .the Community Supper, Mass Mastication, Gob smackers, Lip Loungers, just packed full of open mouth chew people. (Okay to be kind, it is probably just my ears being sensitive after having to perform lunchroom duties for the developmentally challenged back in the day). Also, at large places of Alimentary Action, I cannot stand the farty smell. It's not necessarily people farting, but just the smell of multiple dinners.
I had the choice between donating ten pounds of peeled potatoes (as if*), or two cabbages and a litre of Mayo (gag). I took the cabbage route.
See, even when I have begged and pleaded with the community supper leaders (last year for a grad dinner) to switch to all natural, organic, just add a bit of milk and water and stir potatoes, they get their feathers ruffled. At Costco you can get 180 servings of Natural Mash for 8.99 or so. They are damn good potatoes. When I mentioned this the Community Supper People they looked like they were going to faint, so I declined on peeling potatoes and sending them.
When I went to the store in town, they only had cabbages the size of my pug's head, which is pretty darn puny, and flat, so I bought three, and the god awful litre of mayo, and dropped it off at the place where my pink jacket was held hostage for almost a year. Unfortunately, I forgot my big yellow note stating that this was what I was supposed to bring. So as not to get the Community Supper leaders in a state of frenzy over the unmarked three cabbages as opposed to deux, I emailed the principal with where I left the cabbages, how many and that the mayo was there as well.
As I left my cabbages and creamy goodness at the coat held hostage site, http://urbanitch.blogspot.com/search?q=pink+jacket
I didn't even order a coffee. I don't feel the least bit guilty.
*I hate peeling potatoes, not because I am lazy, the juice irritates my skin. Plus, my idea with the Natural Mash for fundraisers, is much cheaper in the long run than actually having to clean, peel, boil, mash, season tubers in the long run. |
0 comments:
Post a Comment