20080501

It has been a bitter sweet, sugar and salt day. Grandma died at eight this morning, surrounded by her son, daughter and husband. She was ninety years old. If there was ever a way to leave the constraints of the physical body, this was the perfect goodbye, being surrounded with love, of those closest to you. Addled is taking it hard, as is Tibbles, and Gibbles is dealing with it in her own unique way. There are many ways to grieve, and everyone has their own methods.

We do not cry for the dead, but we cry for ourselves, because it is our loss, and we miss them. We miss the physicality of them, their warmth, and their presence. They, themselves have been set free, out of the chrysalis of this life, and into a new one.


I like the certain native views of death, that you are not dead until people do not mention your name anymore. You live on through the memories people have of you, and the stories are etched in memory and passed down to the next generation. (Now someone correct me if I am wrong with this, I did on occasion fall asleep during Native Issues classes at Fanshawe, not because I was bored, just because I was prone to that).





I will write more about Grandma soon. I loved her from the moment I set eyes on her. She was the most gentle, loving soul. . .



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Big space here, because the writing below has absolutely nothing to do with the above. Yet, I must add it.



I was given this link by Addled's work buddy, thanks Ian! Have fun boys and girls!


Gillette - Beard-o-matic
http://www.facebook.com/share_redirect.php?h=e793af70629a2927bbc67eeb0fdc6326&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gillettefusion.ca%2Fen_ca%2Fbeardomatic%2F&sid=29820094368





Also a picture from an IKEA catalogue, that probably should have been looked at a little harder prior to print. It's kind of like, Where's Waldo, but Where's the Rocket. Absolutely terrible.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

*hugs* sorry to hear about your grandma!

Stink Eye & Tube Steak said...

Thanks Kirsten, I appreciate your thoughts.

Rositta said...

Lisa, lots of hugs and I'm sorry for the loss of your grandma, for you and your family. I know deep down that we must all die but I have a hard time with it. Your are right, it is us who miss them...

ps. the Ikea catalogue will be a collectors item, I still have mine tucked away...ciao