There is this huge chicken in my freezer that really needs to be thawed out. I should cook it, it's an organic, free range, hormone free, commune bird that spoke fluent Italian.
Every time I open the freezer door, it rolls out and my feet try to avoid getting squished. I wish my Mom was here to thaw it for me.
Call me lazy, call me distracted, I just don't feel like doing anything. I even asked my daughter to pretend she was sick so we didn't have to go to doggy class this evening. She started pretending to choke and cough, then I felt guilty.
My problem is with doggy class and Wookie is that the drive itself stresses her out so much that by the time she gets there, she is not herself. (She has severe motion sickness, and has a 45 minute threshold, the drive is about a half an hour). So any steps gained, are absolutely lost by the time we get there because she is disoriented. Then I get sweaty on the nose, feeling like I have let my dog down. I am being graded on this course.
Gibbles is at that camp this week. Which is a nice break for her, and for me. The problem is the venue. Why would you send a bunch of country kids to the country? Why not send them to Quebec like my school did? I bet the cost would be on par plus they would actually encounter the multi cultural experience.
Later. . . .took Wookie and Tibbles to training. This time, it went extremely well. Wookie was awesome on recall (the toy that squeaks), and using my actual mother voice along with high pitched "pup pup pup pup". Amazing, Wookie did a fine job.
|
0 comments:
Post a Comment