20080508

I replanted all the Rose of Sharron, two really odd looking rose bushes (they have protuberances like scrubbing pads on them), and another wacky vine along the sides of the dog run. These plantings, along with the Engleman's Ivy, should help with concealing the run, and the passersby.

There were so many black flies out, I ate at least three, had two in my eye (one underneath my contact), and some down the back of my pants, in the ole coin slot. It will be nice when it warms up and the black flies die off and we are plagued by mosquitoes. (Actually I kind of felt like Survivor Man, eating insects. . . .hey, did you know he has a band?)

I also found out that ALL Nascar drivers wear diapers. From a six year old. Everyone knew that except for me. Not that I watch Nascar. . .but I found it very interesting. Especially since an old friend loves Nascar drivers, she finds them sexy, now is that with the diapers or sans diapers?)

I didn't list anything on line.

Yesterday, it pissed down rain. When it came time for the kids to come home, Tibbles rushed inside the house and yelled "WHY DIDN'T YOU PICK US UP?!", after replying that she has a four minute walk home, and skin doesn't automatically slide off your bones during a rain episode, she pulled the "bad parent" card. "ALL THE MOTHERS PICKED UP THEIR KIDS, WE WERE THE ONLY ONES THAT HAD TO WALK".

I think children are too coddled. Really, rain will not hurt them, snow will not cause them harm. If there was a tornado, I might consider picking them up. It's not like they live on Glebe Street in London, where all the crack heads used to hang out. We do have our weirdos, but after teaching my children various self defense techniques, I feel pretty confident that they could handle perverts. (Scream, Run, if all else fails, kick them in the package and jump on their foot).

When I used to walk to the school to meet them and drop them off, I noticed that so many parents who live even closer than we do, drive their kids. The one family, doesn't even belt the kids in, and you can see in the back of their vehicle, four of them doing gymnastics on their two minute drive to school. Another family, with the same walking distance as us, drive their kids as well, everyday, and are perpetually late. It would be more apropos, and more environmentally friendly if they just let the little winkies walk, quicker as well. You wouldn't have to try and find a parking spot, or dodge rambunctious children with nits.

I think that parents who force their kids to walk should be entitled to a carbon credit. I do not know what I would do with the carbon credit, it's not like it could be put in a side pocket, but it would be an idea.

0 comments: