20080521

The Plastic Man TV cartoon intro (1979)

Adam never believed me about Plastic Man. Ha! It was not a figment of my vivid childhood imagination or creosote fumes.

15 comments:

artquest1 said...

Well, after reading your blog for sometime now, I wouldn't rule out the creosote (perhaps that is why you're well preserved) but Plastic Man was indeed a cartoon and a comic book, along with his sidekick, Woozy Winks.

Bob

Stink Eye & Tube Steak said...

Bob, are you insinuating that I could be a tad mentally distorted and actually could lay blame solely on my parents for using me for hard labour using caustic,stinky and poisonous substances, and possibly being forced to listen to puns around the dinner table?

That would be great!

It's all Bum and Clad's fault. They looked innocent enough in their nuptual pictures, but really underneath it all, they just had my brother and I to keep the grounds up to snuff.

Woe is me and Rutiger. LOL.

Well preserved. . .hmmmm. Maybe a creosote mask would do the trick. Heck,if they are putting 10 W 30 in lips, what harm could a little rail road tie preservative do?

artquest1 said...

What do you expect from an anonymous mother? I'm certain even Canadians can see something a bit suspect there.
In terms of fairness, so you don't think I'm pro US and anti y'all, check this out:
www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/24635229#24635229

Stink Eye & Tube Steak said...

Oh oh Bob, now you've gone and done it. . .I phoned her while in the tub and she is googling you left right and centre.

She is more like an autonomous mother. In being autonomous, she didn't like the anonymous, and now well, being autonomous and all, I just don't know what she'll do.

Stink Eye & Tube Steak said...

She just found you in the Herpetology House, you're in trouble.

Anonymous said...

Artquest, my kid is a conjuror. Beautiful, witty, imaginative, talented, and original, BUT you know what, she told me she WANTED to creosote the garage.
After months of persistent harassment we finally caved and gave her all the necessary equipment. But, oh no, that wasn't enough, the silly brat insisted on paying for the creosote out of her babysitting money.
Believe me, she enjoyed painting and sniffing every board that held up the garage. Anonmum.

Stink Eye & Tube Steak said...

Mom, that is one distorted memory. LOL. (I know you are joking). Sandy and I were covered from head to toe in that stuff. What you guys didn't know was that I had all the punks that I hung out with come down and help me. They were covered too. . .it was like Zoolander and the gas station scene, only we didn't blow up.

I wonder what the cancer rate in Oakridge teenagers from the 1990's is?

Anonymous said...

Oh, baby cakes, where would we be without a little creative distortion? This blog certainly would be colourless and constipated if you just stuck to the bare facts.

Yes, I'm just having a bit of fun with you and I do remember you telling me that you corralled all the zombies to do your dirty work. You should search them out on Face Book and get the crew together to
build you and Addled some living room wall. Anonmum

Stink Eye & Tube Steak said...

Ahhh, most of those friends or acquaintances are probably all dead. . . Plus I don't want them to find me~~hence the married name on Facecrack.

I do know of one guy, who found that his goat actually ate his crop of "homegrown", he then ate the goat.

Very few of the crowd remains, and they are on my Crack du Face already.

Can't you send a letter to Oprah for me?

artquest1 said...

Anonmum? Love it!
Hmmmm, I pose a few random comments on an even "randomer" blog and then a long term teté a téte ensues between mother and daughter. It would warm the cockles of my heart (if I only knew what a heart cockle is and if I wanted it temperature controlled) that I have been instrumental in this filial dialogue.
And Anonmum, I couldn't agree more with your observation, "where would we be without a little creative distortion?" Any story worth telling is worth embellishment I always said, much to the utter horror and dismay of my kids, which of course, although unbeknownst to them, merely proved my initial premise.
No comment from either of you on the TV link I sent? Bob

artquest1 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stink Eye & Tube Steak said...

Hey Bob

Oh that link was a good one. That site is bookmarked. What more could be said? Mr. Olbermann does a wonderful oration. What a great commentary, I actually watched it twice. I'd like to post it to the blog actually, it should be found on youtube somewhere. I just heard the intro to "Mustache Gate".


It surprises me that your ears weren't burning and your cockles did not spontaneously combust. . .you, caused the chit chat. Nice word by the way, filial~~~I like :)

Too bad your weren't in the vicinity, and pop up for Canadian Thanksgiving at Bum and Clad's. HAHA...you would become completely bent and twisted from the distorted family dinner conversations up at Sauble.

Anonymous said...

Forget the conversations, he'd take one look at your father and brother dressed in lederhosen, and the rest of us tricked out like milkmaids, and the poor man would jump into Lake Huron and swim back to Georgia in record time.

Don't get me wrong, we welcome everyone but the Canadian Thanksgiving is celebrated neck-and-neck with Octoberfest and, well, there is a fine line, isn't there Frau Lisa.?

However, Artquest could become fascinated with the quaint German cuisine of "Food that Really Schmecks" and Um Pa Pa Polka Music. Lisa, I bet you are far too shy to draw attention to your "Pigtail and Sauerkraut" trophy that you won a few years ago. My heart still bursts with pride when you washed down ten pounds of tails with fifteen liters of " on tap " Heineken. Beat the record time by three minutes.

Gotta leave, I have a batch of marinated cockles on the go. Anonomum

artquest1 said...

Hmmmmm' Ms Anonmum (but seemingly now evolved to AnonOmom which I like better) . . .
I obviously need to purchase a Canadian map instead of these chauvinistic USofA types we get down here, for ours show little connection between Lake Huron and Georgia. But of course they all show Toronto as being the Capital of Canada).

Regarding Canadian Thanksgiving: My beloved father - he of non-German but Russian birth, thought there were few foods that could top any pig part and 'kraut (have you ever had snouts and kraut?). And don't get me started on tripe and other assorted offal.
No, I would thrive on any of your delicacies as long as you don't invite be up for anything Norwegian - Ludafisk (sp) must be the most disgusting dish ever invented outside of Scotland.
Regarding polka music - Beer Barrel Polka, along with the Triumphal March from Verdi's Aieda sound exquisite when played by mass kazoos. See, I do appreciate good music.
Of course, if we keep up this running dialogue, Lisa will have to make this particular comment section a separate blog.
I remain (and remain and remain), Bob

Anonymous said...

Never had snouts, but have indulged in knuckles...not bad but my mother used to camouflage them with many a creative touch so we wouldn't know what we were gobbling down.

You would be taking the scenic route if you swam back to Georgia via Lake Huron. An atlas would be necessary, a stun gun to ward off the nine foot lamprey with mouths as wide as toilet seats and a bright red speedo with attached leggings to alert any boaters in the vicinity.

But before you left, I would have to feed you to make sure that you had the stamina for the journey ahead. Oyster Soup, Kraut Wickel (cabbage rolls],
Sauer Sosse (pickled pigs' feet], and stuffed wieners
would supply you with enough gas to blow you out Lake St. Claire, up Lake Erie and Ontario, through
the St. Lawrence River and down the Atlantic Coast
to Savannah. I'm sure a taxi would take you the rest of the way.

However, it is not an easy task to leave Sauble Beach. There have been many tales about tourists and invited guests never returning to their loved ones. The fact is, that after Thanksgiving the Glacier that retreats obligingly for three or four months during our glorious summer, quickly returns to blanket the town and any chance of human contact becomes non existent until May 24th weekend. It leaves Brian and I looking stonily at the unused crokinole game, not in play because our dog Blaster cheats and hides all the checkers in his mouth. You understand we need a fourth to play and wile away the time for the next seven months. Beware, what happens in Sauble, stays in Sauble. That said, any friend of Lisa is a friend of ours. AnonOmum.