Yesterday, WB walked down in the morning "with a cup of ambition", we sat at the picnic table in the back yard and swatted black flies and ogled at her baby.
There was a penny sale happening at the legion, which we decided to attend. After lugging her baby stroller up some very steep stairs we went inside and bought tickets. I am hoping for either the big tomato plant or the pedicure.
While we were there, looking over the stuff, from underneath a hat crawled a huge spider. Black, fuzzy and as juicy as a concord grape. One of the old legion ladies tried swatting it away, it crawled frantically towards me, and I went into panic mode, running on the spot and flailing, who knows what was spewing out of my mouth. The spider dropped on the floor and the lady squished it, "oh, it wasn't that big", yes, yes it was. The scrunch smear on the floor was about three inches long by an inch wide there were legs scattered on the floor. "Just look at the smear!" I said.
WB thought it was the most hilarious thing. She knows that I am terrified of spiders, when we went up to Departure Lake, her outhouse was ridden with them, I carried a can of Raid every time I had to squeeze my lemon.
So, we hauled her chunky baby and stroller back down the stairs and had lunch at the Rubber Boot.
We power walked the dogs, later on in the evening.
Today I cut the grass at the one rental and at my house trying to avoid hitting all the old people with rocks and debris as they strolled past with their walkers. Some of them just stood and stared so I had to lift my blade and wait for the geriatrics to move. What is so interesting about someone riding a lawn tractor? I stared back at them, it was like an old fashioned standoff. LOL. |
18 comments:
After reading the last paragraph in your recent blog, I had a Back-to-the Future vision concerning the quality of care that you will be giving to your Father and I once we are stuffed away into the "Gate Way to Heaven" nursing home. We will look like two molting lime green parrots, perched and chained to the cheapest wooden walkers provided, sadly gazing vacantly out the Community Room's grimy window waiting for the creosote-drenched children's monthly visit.
I hope you will be riding on the lawn mower when you do decide to make an appearance because it will give your father something to tinker on while I lay plans to bust out of that urine-soaked hell hole and flee to the life of decadence and Klimt-like artistry that you know I've always deserved.
As for a staring contest, by that time I'll probably be blind so I will be able to hold my own with no effort at all. Mum
Lisa, remember when the whole family used to play "Hide the Spider"? Nothing was sacred, sugar bowls, sandwiches, socks, underpants, lipsticks! There were two favourites, a rubber tarantula that was four inches long and a small black widow so real that you went out of your mind when your brother placed it on your pillow. Of course, the creosote fumes have evaporated these memories from your mind but luckily, because I was exempt from this chore, I do. Anon Mum
The ZINNIA spiders are behind yellow curtain at the cottage. Hee, hee, hee. Large as dinner plates, furry as a coated tongue. Are you scared yet? AnonMum.
I will address your first delightful comment now.
First of all "Me Mo Ma", you both are going to come live with me in my non walled kingdom. It will be a huge sacrifice on my part, but your son in law loves you both very much. I promise, that I won't stick Dad in the closet.(Those funny plans that I had where Dad would be sitting in a chair,on rollers and a track, so when you open the door. . . KABOING! Dad would pop out like a Jack in The Box. Upon shutting the door, Dad would roll back into the dark closet, and all you would see were the whites of his eyes shining like two pickled eggs in a jar of brine, through the reverse peep hole). (Upon second thought, those plans would be absolutely unattainable, because as Addled does not have the skill, Dad would have to make his own chair/closet/roller).
Those plans had you and I driving all over Canada, while you could only see the scenery if you were sitting directly behind me so your good left eye could take in all the culture and the wind whacked wheat fields out West, before you expired from this life and do the dance of Sidpa Bardo (of course after completing the two prior Bardo's).
Has Dad been wittleing some wooden walkers lately? I had absolutely no idea that the Projectinator was on a mission!
If on the off chance, you do decide to take off and join those who wear diapers twenty four seven, I will come to visit daily, but make sure your oxygen tubes are taped securely.
I'll visit you drenched in creosote, looking like that character from the Grudge.
Oh, you are taking me way back to the time in Suburbia, when Clare and I were in the kitchen and you were coming up the stairs from the basement. (See, I don't have a case of fugue). It was a time when Dad used the brown cable box with all the buttons, set upon the brown side table, while he sat in a matching brown chair and he was the king of channel flicking, like he was Captain Kirk manning the controls. . .
You were coming up the stairs in that velour turquoise house coat, and smack dab directly on your ass was a huge spider. Clare and I stared at you, we didn't want to tell you that you had a hitch hiker on your bum, do to the fact, you were mid way up those glossy brown oak finished stairs, and it would have been a disaster if you fell. You turned to us, as we looked over the bannister, and said "What? What?!"
"Just come up the stairs Mom"
Your eyes became fearful, and when you did make it into the brown kitchen, we told you that there was a spider on your bottom.
Within seconds the house coat dropped, you were "running on the spot", we never did find that spider.
My dear cruel daughter, I'm afraid that I encouraged you to watch far too much Star Trek at a tender, impressionable age. The fact that you vividly envision poor Brian in a helpless, gagged and uncomfortable position, only brings to mind "Captain Pike" the unfortunate burn victim in the first episode of the series. They had to keep Pike alive until William Shatner manned the control panel of the Enterprise. Poor thing was incased in a bargain basement sauna-like contraption (not unlike that repulsive hulk you grabbed for free at a garage sale and has been sitting shrine-like in your bedroom for the last three years) and all we saw was his burned out nub of a head with a hideous, slack mouth that couldn't even grunt. I'm certain your father is far too clever to let you get away with something like that. You would be wise to amend your fantasy. The tables could be turned very quickly and I know you wouldn't want to be the one in the closet. Love, Anonmun.
l980's velour, I swoon with nostalgia. Unfortunately the colour turquoise turned my complexion a tad mustard, looked a bit like a kung foo fighter. The over-sized mirror at the other end of the room showed me the large oval smudge on my behind, I didn't need affirmation from the two of you to know what was going suck the life force out of this Canadian cowgirl. Yes, running on the spot during a spider panic attack is definitely genetic trait, must come from the Irwin side. That spider must have cuddled up with the vagabond rubber one that was lost in Dad's Y-fronts. Anonmum
I must address your notation that you might have to check an oxygen tube or two. Trust you to keep me breathing but leaving me glued to a walker in a 75 pound diaper! Geez, Lisa, you've watch Blue Velvet, you are welcome to the tank of oxygen, sniff to your heart's content but you know I'll be crazy and creative enough to use that diaper to find my way into the next incarnation. Anonmum
...holy moly..Lisa..now I know where you get your sense of humour from..its MUM! lol..rolling on the floor here
Dave
Mom, I remember you chasing me throughout the brown house while you sang that blasted theme song from Star Trek, with pursed lips. OOOOOOH OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHH Just like that. The nightmares that you induced. I remember having a dream about the Star Ship Enterprise and running into your room and grabbing both of your legs.
Ahhh Pike, just saw that one a little while ago on some old rerun station. It is very much like my personal sauna. Sure did get a deal on that puppy! Everyone that visits gets to have a seat in it, and their picture taken.
It didn't help having that clown picture up in my bedroom either.
What on earth were you two thinking? Clowns, Star Trek, Creosote, Hide the Arachnid, Project Let's Make Lisa Prune All The Trees in The Yard when she was only but a toddler?
No wonder I am fucked up and drugged out of my mind. LOL.
Just joking. . . really.
Now about hiding that spider in Dad's tighty whities, that's the time we lost that spider.
As a loving wife, you had the habit of laying out his outfits for him on your bed, in order of operation (like B.E.D.M.A.S). (This I have picked up from you). I remember putting it in the little pocket of those undies.
Then the spider went missing! I wonder if it dropped out of his trousers on his extend-o-leg walk to work, probably by Marc Emery's City Lights?
Dave. . .oh Dave. . .it may have been an odd childhood, but it was a funny one. Between The Pun Projectinator, and Auton-o-Mom, and Rutiger (aka Clare), it was crazy.
Oh Dave, did you get my camel toe I sent you?
I might be getting a little long in the tooth, but your generous offer of giving away your camel toe to someone on the internet isn't quite the moral compass with which you were raised. Really, what would Miss Manners say? Anonmum
The more important question is "What would Jesus Say?". . .In that case it would be best to stroll on over to http://www.emailsfromjesus.com/
Heehee.
Jesus didn't say a word.....he was flabbergasted.
Anonomum
Dont worry mum, Im harmless..how harmful can a cow wearing a bikini be?(ask lisa lol)
Dave
Dave. . .did I send you that song "Don't Touch My Bikini"
What a funny thread.
Post a Comment