

Batten down the hatches, ahoy maties the freezing rain is coming tomorrow (Thursday)! Starboard and the other end, tie down the riggins! Make a bowline knot and say your prayers. Environment Canada say's it's going to be nasty).
I have my Vintage Coleman Lanterns (six of them) lined up and ready to prime (hope I have fuel). I am also going to make sure the woodstove is rocking out. . . .I can cook dinner on it if I am really feeling experimental! This is going to be exciting. (oooh, not for Adam, he may have problems commuting, that won't be good).
Today was spent giving the Moffat Cook Stove a nice cleaning, I wanted it sparkling for the potential buyers that are coming. In doing so, the ground became disconnected from the one Red Spot Burner, and now I can't get it back on. The screw that holds it, is not turning (used some NUTS and WD), and the place where you put the screw driver in may be stripped. See the pictures above. What am I to do? It does (as I have always said) need a rewire. . . just because it is older wiring, other than that, it is in great shape, and now I am angsting. Which I have a habit of doing. I will try again tomorrow, and maybe the screw will have loosened up. See how red and yicky my hands look, no thoses aren't scarlet gloves, that's from using cleansers. I ran out of my natural stuff and I didn't have gloves.
Adam poured the concrete in the basement. The house is in the process of being jacked up. It is not like we live in a Fun House, but the floors do have slope, what should I expect from a 137 year old house.
Went out for dinner with Adam's darling Grandparents. . . they are so sweet. Grandpa showed up on my doorstep, all 90 years of him . He is such a sweet man. He came in and asked if we would like to go to dinner. Grandma was waiting in the van. So the girls rode with their Grandparents, and I followed behind. (That's when I noticed Drive By Guy sitting in his car across the street).
Seeing Grandma and Grandpa together is beautiful. He loves her so much and is so devoted and caring. He lives on his own, and she is in a home. Everyday he visits her, and he takes her out for a drive at times. I hope that when Adam and I get to this age that we will have the same relationship. I hope he just doesn't stuff me in a closet and only bring me out on holidays. They have been together for decades, and they are the sweetest people ever. Grandpa has some really neat stories, and some great history of the Kitchener area.
It is so hilarious to see my husband, his Dad, and his Grandfather together. They all stand the same, with their hands in their pockets.
Power walked.
On another note, Drive By Guy is back. Drive By Guy has some issues. Drive By Guy needs some professional help. I will make an ode to Drive By Guy later. (Actually no, I won't waste my time or words on his issues, but I will keep track of things from now on. Some other people are bothered as well with his obsessive compulsive drive by's.)
|
0 comments:
Post a Comment