Crap! I just noticed out my window that my hydro line is really low to the ground, it has dropped about 6 feet. Probably about 8 feet from the ground right now by my estimation.. The spruce tree's (town property) have the hydro line running through the boughs. Adam climbed the tree and trimmed in the summer, but with the added weight on the other boughs, I think we may have a problem Houston.
Adam took "Antonio" , my truck last night to get to work, and he obviously made it home okay. Looking outside this morning, I am a bit surprised that the kids are back to school. The squalls have rolled in, yet again. I am debating whether or not I should go and shovel now, prior to the plow, and then shovel after as well. Then bring in wood, do the dishes, do the laundry, sweep and vacuum, the usual. Oh such decisions, it really makes my life feel so worthwhile and impactuous. I need to get back to London.
I can't remember if Adam was slapped on the wrist for missing work on Monday (he talked to me while I was sleeping. . his mouth was moving, that's all I remember). . .I am curious to know if it was considered an ELOA or if the considered it a "Weather Day". It's up to his "manager's" discretion (I am not using the correct term here, I don't want to get him in trouble). He had to use five of the ten ELOA's allotted by the MOL for the flu. Then he had the weather day which, if used as an ELOA, would leave him four. God help him if anyone dies this year. We do have a lot of aging and sick Grandparents.
I have a problem with the 10 days allotted my the MOL, if your workweek includes Saturdays, then I think that there should be some extra days thrown in the mix. Since your workweek is longer, you need more days in case of emergency, or personal illness, or situations. You do not get paid for the days that you take (so other than manpower, it doesn't cost the company that much, and they have the ability to pull from other areas), and sometimes, there are situations above and beyond your control.
I guess 12 people were charged with driving on closed roads. |
0 comments:
Post a Comment