I knew my youngest was going to be going to a Brownie camp tonight. So after two days of trying to find the air mattress, with no avail, and then realizing Adam took the sleeping bag to work today, I realized I was in a pickle. What would MacGuyver do? I know that guy could make a grenade using toe nail clippings and earwax.
So, I used my "stinking" cap. I used a bed support foam thing folded it over, then hot glue gunned it together ( the foam stunk like hell). Made a cover for it (I can sew in straight lines). Then using an old duvet that Adam's Grandmother made (hand plucked plummage from the farm), I tortillia'ed it, then made a fetching cover as well for it. She is going to be toasty. This took forever. I feel a tad guilty about the duvet, or "duchna" in Czech. I can pull the stitches out if need be.
I could have driven in to Goderich, but the roads may have been lousy. I am not a seamstress, but for a person who failed Home Economics because the teacher did not like my sewing or embroidery attempts. . . (replacing two legs on a pair of jeans and embroidering yin and yang symbols on the bum), I think I did mighty fine. If my camera's batteries were charged, I might have posted a picture.
Brownie camp. . .I never went, I made fun of the Brown Owl, and was subsequently ostracised. She was the meanest, most poc marked, adipose challenged, scary individual I have ever met. I was glad I never made it to camp. I recall from the Brownie Calendar, the camp pictures showed children, in the snow, camping inside straw bales. Which now, upon reflection, I realize that the R value would have been amazing, but at the time, staring at the calendar, I was horrified. Children in haystacks. . . good lord. I did have reservations about putting her into Brownie's but, after speaking with another set of parent's , who gave these Owls wonderful reviews, I feel much more at ease. I know my daughter won't be locked in a dark church by herself (I did it to myself, not the Owls, but they didn't save me, if it was up to them, I would have rotted), and she will be well taken care of. |
0 comments:
Post a Comment