After waking up to a wonky smoke detector, I did a whole bunch of nothing. Just couldn't wrap my head around any concept today. Is it the sun which is blazing through my window? Do I have Spring Fever? Amidst decluttering my mind and house, bringing in wood, I did fart around on the computer. I did take the dog for a walk down the trail. It was absolutely gorgeous, the snow was melting off the trees and the drips of water were glinting off the branches. Evidence of Spring!! (or a bit of a thaw) People can probably thank me for the warmer temperatures. . .as soon as we buy a snow blower we don't have snow in the forecast). Wookie's hackles went up midway through the walk. It irked me, I felt a tingling in my septum. It wasn't her usual hackle warning, it was a full blown Mohawk. She was completely silent. It made me feel something was amiss, and I hopped off the trail at the next exit. I have no idea what was bothering her, but she was visibly upset. Hopefully there wasn't a dead person in the snow near there. My walking buddy also phoned, and wanted to walk, after my other walk so I did get my exercise today. We noticed that a tin shed had been completely flattened by the snow load and had buckled. "Double L Power Property Police" I forget if we put up our supports in our shed. I don't even want to look. I am looking forward to a boring night. I hope Mantracker is on. LOL, that is just the funniest show I have seen for a while (it's not supposed to be funny). Adam and I started watching it, Creepy Canada, and Survivor Man while we had the flu. Oh my goodness, I am really scraping the bottom of the barrel for for my viewing pleasure. I think Adam and I should try out for Mantracker. I would completely cover myself in mud. I have noticed that most people on Mantracker do not disguise themselves appropriately. The contestants need more camouflaging, not a bright pink fanny pack. I honestly think we could do it as a couple. We work pretty good together, yin and yang that we are. Adam would look dashing in some army green fatigues, I would apply some black shoe polish under his eyes for just the right effect. I would buy that Bench jacket that I have been eyeing and wear leaves in my hair. We would be good looking prey. Later on. . . Nope, no supports were put up in the tin shed. There is about eight inches of snow on the roof. I should get out there tomorrow and shovel it off. I was going to repaint some ugly walls this week and maybe start priming my one ceiling. Here's my problem. The ceiling in question is actually really old beaded board. It was at one time pinkish, then it was painted a canned pea green. There are hundred of nails, that have rusted. I did buy B.I.N. paint. My issue is, after spending 40 hours (no exaggeration), stripping multiple layers of ten test and wallpaper that was put on with flour and water, then realizing that the last layer wasn't wall paper at all, but fabric, there are little tiny fuzzy strings that dangle a bit from each of the nail heads. What am I to do? It is obviously lead paint. I am not going to sand it. They are rough painted boards. Bob Vila would probably get Norm to whip up some reproduction ceilings, planed and routered . I don't want to sand or replace the ceiling. I just want to paint it white, but I don't want to spend another 40 hours removing little pieces of stringy stuff with tweezers. Also, because the house has shifted, there are some gaps. Do I just DAP the crap out of them and hope for the best? It's like my front room's floors. There are 1/4 inch gaps. I have heard that on boats, they use rope to fill in the gaps and then lacquer everything. I find the house too overwhelming. |
20070221
A Whole Bunch of Nothing and Little Bits of Stringy Stuff On My Ceiling
Posted by
Stink Eye & Tube Steak
at
3:24:00 p.m.
2 comments:
I know you like my new name:)
-bub
Oooh "dilapidated", love it. . .tres bonne nouveaux nomme de plume!
Post a Comment