20070821

Yessssss!

Wooooh hooooo!


No kids. . .Adam's parents have taken them. Too bad they didn't take my dogs as well, but I suppose that would have been pushing it.

Now the damn dogs won't stop barking, because they are missing the kids.

I may resign myself to the bathtub. I did a big booboo in there. The tub is from the 1940's or earlier, it's not a claw foot, but it is ancient. We do have a claw foot in storage, but this one is the one that is attached right now. It is stained. I hate it. The whole bathroom needs to be redone, I painted in there, but it is still ugly, bad floors, bad walls, bad cabinetry. It was carpeted at one time, that was removed, only to find a metal patched hardwood floor.

Back to the bathtub. I used every chemical known to man on it. My last resort was to fill it and use Muriatic Acid. It did remove some of the staining, but every time you sit your furry little bottom down, it feels like you are rubbing against heavy duty sandpaper and the actual enamel flakes off on your "bits and bites". It is not a nice feeling. So I will lay a towel down on the bottom of the tub before I attempt a soak. I could get it refinished, but I have the tub I want in the tool shed, hopefully, it's not housing any chipmunks.

2 comments:

Rositta said...

Yikes, muriatic acid is definately not for tubs that's for sure. You'll have to get the other one done soon...ciao

Stink Eye & Tube Steak said...

Oh a little bit is okay to use sparingly in hard water stain situations. When I say that we have hard water, it's the type that you can knock on, and it knocks back. Muriatic is a great thing for sand points and certain situations.

I think I allowed it to sit for too long. . .I left it for a few hours, although quite diluted, it did smoke.

When I used it to clean up some hard water deposits over at our rentals, you could actually see it eating through an old faucet.

Amazing! LOL.