20070830

Mouth Breather

I just thought about a phrase on my previous post. "Everyone knows how I like to be happy". . .
Who doesn't like to be happy. What is happiness? Ahhh, I recall one of my favourite books, by Mark Kingwell "The Pursuit of Happiness : Better Living from Plato to Prozac", which is another must read again, when I have the time and my mouth breather, shift worker husband is not twitching beside me.

Yes, the mouth breathing is back. I think it is the orthodontic appliance he wears. His sweet mufflings and pufflings are keeping me awake right now. I have tried:

rolling him over
sticking my fingers up his nose (okay, it's not nice, but sometimes it works).
putting my hand over his mouth (not for a prolonged amount of time, just for a second).
telling him to stop it
pushing him clear across the bed using my feet and arms

NOTHING WORKS.

My walking buddy mentioned tonight that it was an "age" thing and a "man" thing. Yet, we are in our early 30's, we are not using canes, or pressing buttons to alert people that "we have fallen and can't get up". I took a quick poll, and a few other people have complained about their husband's nocturnal habits.

But, I would rather him huffing and puffing and clacking beside me, than not, because that would make me unhappy.

0 comments: