20070328

Why is it that men, age nicely, while women end up sagging and losing their collagen? We get "arm lungs" (someone dubbed them this on Wanted Words on CBC) , hairs on our faces, and resort to creams and tinctures to banish the laugh lines or the brow furrows. (Yes, I did resort to watching the Shopping Channel last night, and still feel a tad scarred). I am wondering if I should buy some dented cans, and start rubbing bad beans on my face to get a cheap and effective form of botox. .

Guys normally just wash and go. Well, maybe I shouldn't be making generalizations, because, my night cream has been hijacked by my husband on multiple occasions. Adam does have his "Grooming" moments (hours spent in the washroom fixing his toes and finger nails, shaping his brows and shaving his beard into different geometrical shapes). "Leave me alone, I am grooming". Is often heard in our household.

But, when you look at an older guy, you don't say, "man, does he look old and prune like", but when you view an older woman, you think, "oh my god, someday, I am going to look like that, some day I am going to have boobies that look like pendulums?" Or do men do that as well? Men seem more comfortable in their skin.

There is a huge difference between aging men and aging women and their marketability. I don't care what those Dove commercials say, sagging rumps and blotching skin are not attractive, and they are still marketing their products as beauty products for pete's sake. They are probably making even more cashola now. If Gene Simmons and Shannon Tweed can book dual facelifts, why not?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Us men just accumulate excess scrotum skin and place it on other amusing parts of our bodies! Elbows, knees, neck and under eyes, we are not immune!

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Stink Eye & Tube Steak said...

anon. . .You and your "testicular fortitude". Fortitude~~I am adding that to the "words I despise list". Seriously though, is that true? "Teste tucks" may be the way of the future!