20070328

The Case of the Disappearing Hubby

Interesting night last night. My mouth was all swollen because of a crown that was put in , three hours of hell, instead of the one and a half hours that they had told me. Argg. I hate dentists. I was ready to tell them to stick a mini marshmallow in the abyss, instead of the temporary crown, but they declined. So I didn't get to sleep until 1:30 or so then:

I got the dreaded call last night. It was I think around three in the morning, the phones were ringing with three different ring tones, and I was a bit disoriented. Finally I made it on the last ring and heard "Do you know where your husband is?"

Well, I knew he was at work. I thought it was our neighbour down the street making a prank call and said "hey wassup ______? "

The caller replied "No, this is not ______, I'm in a tow truck, trying to find your husband". Or something to that effect. Visions of deers flying through windshields, were running through my head, not sugar plums.

Supposedly Adam was near Lambert, Ontario. I said are you sure it's not Bamberg? Lambert . . .Bamberg kinda sounds the same when you are half asleep. No, Lambert. I have never heard of Lambert. He listed off a few county roads, asking me if they sounded familiar. Now, I could kind of know the vicinity of where he may be, but because I don't have my COUNTY ROAD MAP anymore, I was unable to pinpoint the exact location. I tried phoning Adam but as soon as he was about to say where he was, his phone died. (I found out later that he had meant to get a new card, but time was an issue, and he ran out of minutes). He couldn't call the auto club because, the phone wouldn't allow him to phone out, so he flagged a driver down, who let him borrow her cell phone. How nice, but really, would you stop for a guy at the side of the road at 2:30 in the morning? This is a remote area of Perth County. (But it was very nice and trusting of her).

I phoned the autoclub and explained that their driver was having some issues, they would call me back when they located him. I was desperately trying to google these county roads that weren't showing up on my regular map with no avail . There was no listing for Lambert in the L section of Ontario towns. At least he was okay. I was going to go out and look for him, but that would mean leaving the kids, and I didn't have a concrete idea of where he was, and if the tow truck was en route already, then knowing my luck I would either miss them, or end up in the wrong place at the wrong time. So I asked the auto club to give me updates throughout the night, which they did.

Anyhow, finally he was located, turns out the van overheated. He finally got home around 5 am. The auto club let me know this after he got home. :) The "crux of the biscuit" was the fact that he was let out of work early 12:30, instead of 4 am, which is the first time in four years. The hydro went out, and he was expecting a really nice long sleep.

So this morning, I called the service station explaining what I think happened, and that we need the van back ASAP.

Then I realized, Adam would be driving the truck, and I needed to get the oil changed. (Dad, if you are reading this, I did stipulate 10W-30, High Mileage). So I phoned the other garage up the street. They were pretty booked and hesitant to take me, but , after, some persuasion, I was able to take it in. It is amazing what can happen when you start lisping.

To add insult to injury, when I went to drive out of our quick sand mud driveway, I tried to take it out of 4WD Low. It wouldn't budge, (darn electronic 4WD), Antonio was being a turd. I even talked nicely, I tried to reverse out of it, no luck. So I had to drive the darn thing VERY SLOWLY down to the garage (50 feet) from my place. But cheese and rice.

Edit: 2pm, found out you are to put it in to neutral before taking 4WD Low to 2WD. Antonio is okay! Wooohooo! :))))

Have I had anything remotely happy to say for the past few months?

Well, my crocuses are popping, and they weather is nice, and I don't have impetigo or weird facial sores (not that I ever did). I have all of my appendages, and my kids and husband are well, and the snow is melting. My roof didn't collapse, although my house fell down off the jacks the other day. My lucky bamboo is dying, and my cactus kicked the bucket. But that is okay because I can still pop the leaves of my succulents. Life is good.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.