20070307

Algo perdió en traducción

When Patrick droppped by a few years ago, he had been in Mexico doing some type of work there escorting political people who had death threats against them. It was all for a good cause.

As we sat on my front porch musing about being all anarchistic and punky in high school and what not, I asked him to translate some things for me in Spanish. One was "piece of s--t" he told me the tranlation was pieca pouto (I know that this is not spelled correctly). So I felt very proud walking around talking in Spanish. Well, when I was working (outside the home), a friend, who also spoke Spanish asked me if I knew any. I told him that I knew a swear word and proudly repeated my saying. Ross said it meant "Piece of Cake" . . .after 3 years of proudly spewing what I thought were profanities, I was wrong.

Now, I went on babblefish tonight and tried to verify the translation, it is coming up something completely different, "pedazo de mierda" and piece of cake is coming up "pedazo de pastel" now I am very confused.

The love of learning different profanities spoken in different languages is one of my things. In Welsh, a supposedly "pure" language, there are some swearwords, like twiltin (from what I can remember).

Noma gust ipso hualo in my own Spanish writing means from what my friend said "you smell like cheese", that is what I ask anyone who speaks a different language to translate for me. But maybe Patrick was still stringing me along, and maybe it possibly means, "pass the beans please".

When I was about fifteen years old, I worked at a Japanese restaurant in London, and I was the brunt of many swear words (Yen Doi , Duma kai, again, the spelling is wrong). I loved the verbal abuse, because I could secretly use it at the dinner table without my parents knowing what I said.

A bad thing happened today, the ex tenants left a freezer full of what I think are beets. I know they are coming back to collect some stuff in the locked shed, but they didn't mention anything about removing the contents of the trailer. They said they were finished with the trailer, and now I am stuck with a freezer full of fricking beets.

Things could be worse, but there is a lot of stuff left that I may have to freecycle in Huron. I don't think they will let me freecycle frozen beets.

I didn't busta move today, but I sure did busta tooth. I was eating a very light tortilla chip and I thought, there was some gravel impregnated in the chip. I swallowed it anyway, and then realized, I swallowed half of one of my back teeth.

Adam won't let me post the pictures of him wearing his snow pants, that encase his buttocks like Nacho Libre. I am so dissappointed. But he didn't say that I couldn't describe them. . . but I will save that for later.

0 comments: