A question came up on the powerwalk tonight. . .as we walked we could see a line in the snow, where some kid had dragged a stick, and another kid had walked on top of a snowbank.
If it had been an adult dragging a stick for no apparent reason or running atop snowbanks with glee, most people would say "is that person nuts?", . Kids can get away with it. Kids talk to themselves, do wacky things, have imaginary friends, stick things up their noses, but they have an appreciation for the smallest things and are able to live in a completely different wonderous world then we, as adults. At least they experience it differently, then something happens and it is like we wake up from those dew drop dreams and are reborn into the "birth school work death" realm. Minus the birth & school part.
When do some dispose of that zest for life, when do some lose the sense of awe? Why do some people still have remnants or sparks?
Is it just the fact that we become too self aware?
Is it when puberty kicks in, the hormones replace the sublime? Is it the Erikson Stage "Industry versus Inferiority"? I wish I could live in "Autonomy versus Shame & Doubt", and still play with my Gee Gee shoved up my nostril with ladybugs in my pockets.
If only we could be born old (with wisdom), and grow younger, we would appreciate things so much more. Although giving birth to an eighty year old wrinkly, sagging man would not be an incentive to procreate.
Yet, I appreciate, and I am awe inspired with the vast quantity of beets I have to dispose of. Weeeeeeeeee! :)
See my post about the dreaded beets down below. |
0 comments:
Post a Comment