We had a behavioural assessment today. . .not for me, but for Wookie. I thought, maybe I should have had one after some idiot decided to not only scrunch his bumper into a hydro pole tether line and then proceed to bang my truck with his door. I was eating a big sandwich at the time (no mayo of course), quite tasty, and saw the guy pull up, bang into the line and then open his door into my truck, then get a beer at the bar. I had my handy dandy camera, and took pictures from inside the pub of his van, ran out and checked my truck (it was fine), and then came inside and finished my lunch with Addled.
Anyhow, the BA was for problem barking. It was done by a vet that had never met Wookie at all.
The barking is attention seeking, even though, she gets a lot of exercise and attention. The sound will shatter glass.
She was deemed as a very gentle, non aggressive, non nervous dog. I told the vet that even though she looked like a real meanie, she was a dork. She said she could see that as she was completely slobbered on, and licked from stem to stern. Wookie just loves attention.
I already knew that she was awesome, but, as far as the barking went, we have done everything we can do in our situation. Living with "special" people next door, and people who like to drink next door and then stand on our property and talk to the dogs, does not help.
So, I am to continue with the "speak and quiet" commands with each of the dogs individually.
I had really been nervous about this appointment, someone out of nowhere assessing my dog, and possibly judging her in an alien environment, but it went great. I got some really good tips, and tricks and some answers.
Edit. . .Damn it. I forgot my day planner in the restaurant. My whole life in detail is in that book. Like EVERYTHING. When I called the restaurant I said that I "may have left a day planner at lunch". The lady on the phone said "YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS", in a very odd way, not like YIPPEE yes. But a long drawn out "YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, I think you are one crazy woman" yes. I bet the whole thing was read. Great. I am going to have to attach that thing to my purse. |
0 comments:
Post a Comment