After some beautiful days, it is now cold, damp and rainy. The rain is needed, and it will help green things up. There are buds on the trees and when you look into the patches of woodlots dotting the area, you can see that yellow tinge from a distance.
Yesterday, I removed all my Engleman's Ivy from the side of the house and draped it around the dog run. I am hoping it takes off like wild fire and prevents the dogs from seeing people walking by.
I have the sonic beeper attached to the fence, but it does not have any effect on the barking.
On Saturday night, we tried to watch "30 Days of Night", I was told that it was beyond scary. I only twitched once. As Addled said, after watching The Devils Rejects, every horror movie since has been soft in comparison. The Devil's Rejects was the most disturbing movie I have ever seen in my entire life. As a warning to anyone, do not rent it, it's not only gross, but a complete mind fuck. Anyway, we actually had to go upstairs to try and watch the movie. The dogs were barking in their crates, and then upon taking them out of their crates, Onyx got very upset at the screaming from the speakers during the first 52 minutes of the show. He can't handle horror, he could not take his eyes off the screen. So we put classical music on for him and sequestered ourselves upstairs.
I also got "28 Days Later", the deluxe edition of "A River Runs Through It", and "Sideways". Now, I just loved the actual story written by Norman Maclean "A River Runs Through It" was based on, loved the movie, and when I saw it at A Beat Goes On, I indulged.
Today, I think we are going to visit Adam's grandmother. She is in a home, from what we have been told, she is not going to make it. Poor thing. She is ninety years old.
Remembering the first time I met her, she had a glow of absolute beauty~~ the aura of complete goodness, a softness, and light. She is not eating or possibly not drinking at this point, and not getting out of bed. I cannot imagine what Grandpa is going through at this time. They love each other so much, it breaks your heart. She was doing relatively well at Christmas, but now, we have been told, things are going downhill quickly. |
3 comments:
Give Grandma some hugs for us, and everyone else too. Wish we could be there.
I will definitely do that. . .I will email you to let you know how things are as well.
that would be great, thanks!
Post a Comment