20071204

Well, I gave up on looking for my wood pile. There is just too much snow to sort through, there were a couple of sticks I found, but I did not hit payload.

The kids have been off from school for two days, and we are expecting another 15 cm (half a foot) of snowy goodness over the course of this evening. Tomorrow I have to take the kids in to Goderich to meet the new family doctor. I really don't want to drive if it's icky out, but, waddyadoo?

Wookie ate a big spider today, that crawled off the piece of wood that I had brought in last night. I tried to avert her attention, but she still went after it anyway. Normally, if one of the dogs eats a spider, I applaud the action, but I was a bit fearful that the spider poison, if ingested would cause stomach upset, as she is in such fragile condition. Then she ate a glob of insulation, and I figured, well, if she is eating fiberglass, why bother worrying about an arachnid.

Then the thought occurred to me arachnid and peanut (arachide) en francais are very similar to each other, hmmm.

3 comments:

artquest1 said...

Hi,
Hmmmm, I suppose I ought to say something wonderful about all that beautiful snow, but in all honesty, my mind just keeps me from doing so. Right now it is sunny with a clear sky and 17C, (62F) although this morning it was down to 6C. I don't think I've seen icicles that long since the last time I visited my son, 3,000M altitude in the Rocky Mountains.
Now, I realize that I am a bit slow and all, no doubt a product of our Southern educational system, but tell me again why people like six months of winter? Is it the snow shovels, the heavy boots. the ice storms, the frozen pipes or the vanishing wood piles? Use small words and simple sentences.
$139,000.00? For any house much less a Victorian?
Hmmmm, maybe I could get use to winter . . .
Bob

Stink Eye & Tube Steak said...

Well, Bob, to be honest, I still am gobsmacked as to why my ancestors decided to move to Canada, it must have been the free land and the true north strong and free.

I have only learned to enjoy certain parts of the winter in the last two years. Prior to that, I would layer sweaters until I looked like Humpty Dumpty, kind of like an egg on stilts, and I didn't have proper boots. When I bought my first down filled jacket, opportunities opened up for me. Such as cross country skiing, and having fun braving the elements, just for the sake of saying, "I did it".

My life is like a new
(mis)adventure every day!

Winter has it's beauty, but I like the other more temperate seasons better. Winter is like a foil for the other seasons. It makes you dream of the upcoming spring, and when you see that first crocus, you just about have a coronary.

Just wait until my ice dam gets bigger, honestly, that is nothing. My ice dam last year was about ten feet wide and six feet high! When it finally dropped from the roof, I was relieved that it didn't flatten the pug.

artquest1 said...

Well Sweetie, if you tell me you learn to love winter, I really do believe you, but I doubt if I am willing to share. I don't know whether I had mentioned it earlier, but last May and June I took my four sons to Russia in search of our roots (when the Tzar is restored to power, I'm a Count). One thing we heard over and over from the Russians is that if you really want to experience Russia you must come in Jan or Feb when temps of minus 30 to 40C are not uncommon in Saint Petersburg. Maybe not uncommon, but certainly unnatural, and anti life.
OK, i shared with you about kudzu - what is an ice dam?