This is what a Mow Maniac looks like. . .see all the abrasions and the seriousness? This is the mugshot of someone who has been hit with flying debris from their lawnmower when the turf is too dry, look at all the little scratches! This is the expression of a Mow Maniac who is intent on keeping their lawn 2 inches high. Actually, a friend is using this as their profile pic on Facebook, and I can't stop laughing. It is the world's worst profile picture, I laughed so hard I cried. |
20070621
Picture of a Mow Maniac
Posted by
Stink Eye & Tube Steak
at
4:44:00 p.m.

2 comments:
Hey Lisa,
I've enjoyed your comments about gardening and sometimes the value of just leaving well enough alone. Of course Southern US gardens are no doubt different from Central Canadian gardens, (7-8 month growing season will do that), but I completely agree with the concept of a healthy dose of benign neglect. My entire yard is covered with 75 to 100 year old mature trees, pecan, oak, and hickory, and the tallest well over 25m high. Sure it would be nice to have a myriad of flowers and a nice vegetable garden, but since there is no spot that receives more than a half an hour of sunlight a day, I have learned to love a wide variety of shade tolerant plants. Lawn? As far as I'm concerned, a lawn is to horticulture as potato chips are to cuisine. Can you say lowest common denominator?
Enjoying your posts, Bob
Hey Bob,
I guess the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. . .what I wouldn't give for a completely shaded property. I have a few spots, but mostly, I have continuous sun.
You have some large trees. . .I only have a few whoppers.
In the nooks where there is shade I plant my hosta's and have clutches of huge ferns that have probably been on the property for about 130 years.
Lawn is ridiculous, I would actually like to plant the "steppables". . .I have a small spot of elfin thyme, it would take forever to do your whole lawn in it, but it would be a treat for the tootsies if one could. Everytime one steps on the elfin thyme, it lays down new roots, the more footprints the better. It only grows to be about half an inch high.
Take care,
Lisa
Post a Comment