20070709

The last few days have been fraught with so much stress that I feel like I am a tick about to pop.

Sometimes, decisions that you made come back to haunt you a decade or more later and you just do not know how to grapple with the deluge of emotions, that you thought were gone. You thought you did what was ethical, moral, and had long term benefit.

Sometimes those decisive moments are those moments that even if you could tele-port back though the sticky curtains of webs and space, you wouldn't change them, but if you had been more aware of the ramifications, you could just twist the situation a little bit, and give it a tug more in your favour. Or maybe you could just have a bit more of a long term vision into what could be.

But "could's and should's" are just what they are, things that never happened and you are stuck with a basket of "what is". You now have to hand that basket off to the previously unknowing participant, and you give the gift your own decision, of which you initially thought was best, but now know that it may not of been what exactly was presented to you. You have now given someone a defining moment, good or bad.

2 comments:

artquest1 said...

Hey Lisa,
Very provocative posting!
By couching your imagery in the results of the unanticipated consequences of impulsive past activity, you create a myriad of delightful possibilities and intriguing pathways to explore. Not only for you as author, but also for the reader.

The beauty of fiction (should you choose to expand this) is that by merely starting with an evocative opening sentence, and peopling your narrative with a couple of interesting characters, you are allowed to say anything and to lead your reader into unexpected dilemma. The advantage to the author is that no one can prove anything - in the words of the CIA, you maintain plausible deniability!
Good luck, Bob

Stink Eye & Tube Steak said...

Thanks for the interesting comment Bob. I am still pondering it. . . and made many attempts at a good reply to yours, but I am still gobsmacked by the whole situation :)

Someday I will expand, on the post on my "secret blog" that may be running soon. I'll let you know when that happens;)