I lost my blog. It was a great blog too- pictures and everything, about how my car and truck got squashed by a 125 year old maple tree that came down in a wretched storm. I lost all my passwords, thinking that I would remember them. Lesson learned, don't expect to remember things when you are in "brain atrophy post catastrophe". I feel like Holden Caulfied in The Catcher In The Rye who broke the Little Shirley Beans record.
Well the tree has been removed, my truck has been fixed, the car is a write off. I still have the stump to prove it~~but no replacement car. It was a Ford Tore Ass, and while I do adhere to being a Chevy Girl, it was a pretty nice car.
My stinky tenant next door moved out two weeks ago and now I am stuck with a rental unit that reeks of dog and cat pee. She actually left the poor cat (outside for months), I had to phone animal control on the weekend. I thought she had taken it with her. After trying to contact her (she wouldn't pick up the phone, she probably has call display, and she still owes rent). The other thing I found were copious amounts of used Q-Tips, why on earth couldn't the person get up, off the couch, turn away from Dog the Bounty Hunter for a nano second and put them into the garbage is a mystery.
Then again, whenever she did allow us entry there was garbage strewn everywhere, so maybe she was just confused and mistook her home as a dumpster. It was like the poo woman from Oprah was living next door. . ." I think I will keep this poo nugget until it gets old and mouldy. . .just in case I will need it in the winter time to burn as an alternate form of heating fuel." Note to self. . . if I ever get that rentable again. . .which seems like the unobtainable quest right now. . . make sure to do credit, reference and an actual lease that has "landlord right to inspect clause written in to it" (Supposedly TPA will have this anyhow in September or October 2006). We have wonderful tenants in our other house, people that are clean, great dispositions, and are genuinely helpful. They really keep an eye on everything and I truly appreciate them. Unlike the maynards that were there before.
Animal Control couldn't come out until today though. Meanwhile what had been a formidable cat had been reduced to an antisocial, pus eyed, neurotic feline who was taking shelter underneath the rental unit. I really get irate when it comes to stupid, self absorbed (ooops, I am labelling)people, owning animals. You can take your load of campfire wood, but you can't take your cat? She did take her dog though. . .which she shouldn't be allowed to have after viewing the state of the home.
While I was at the dump, (after having to remove all the carpeting) I asked guys if they had any type of humane device to catch the feline in. (You just never know in these small towns what people carry up their sleeves). I have seen a man walking down the street with a hamburger in his back pocket and a cob of peaches and cream corn sticking out of his sock. I digress. ;)
Earlier in the day, I had sat at the point of the entrance that the cat was using, with a cat carrier, a can of salmon, a cup of kibble and a stick to try to lock the cage if it did enter. I felt like I was fishing. Kitty bobbed up out of the dark, and would hesitantly edge it's way to my "trap" and then run away. Then I would see it's one eye glinting at me in the dark. (It does have two eyes, but I could only see the one). This repeated itself about four times all the while, I was on the phone with the OSPCA and the wife of the local animal control man. (They asked me if I had "saved" the carpeting. "No" I replied "but I have a hell of a lot of pictures"). My God, all one has to do is walk within 15 feet of the trailer (yes. .. it is a mobile home) and smell the rank reek. It is a combination of stale cigarettes, old urine, and grease. I have been airing it out since July 1 2006, and the place still smells like a cess pool. Today I decided that I will shut the place up again and run the dehumidifier through it. I noticed on July 1 that there was a liquid in the cold air return. I wonder if someone peed in it as well. I need a HASMAT suit.
Last night when we returned home from a vehicle hunt there was a havahart trap sitting by my porch. The nice man from the dump had left me the device (he left his card). What an angel. So I baited it and this morning I received a call from one of my nice neighbours saying that I have caught the cat.
I hadn't even had my coffee yet, I ran outside in my pyjamas and saw the poor thing. It was scrawny looking, it's eyes were wet, and it had tipped over the salmon, kibble and water. It also looked like the clouds were heavy with rain, so I tried moving the trap to an area where it would be sheltered. It was howling, and hissing. I tried to talk to it (The Pussy Whisperer), with no avail. OSPCA and Animal Control man were called, and later on it was removed. I told it I was sorry. I just can't take in anymore animals. It will probably be put down, which is best. It had been neglected for a long time, and probably couldn't be socialized, and it was sick. I hope Kitty Karma bites this ex tenant on the rear end and everything comes back on her three fold (reminder to self~ use your protective circle this time). |
0 comments:
Post a Comment