20080604

This week Addled's on holidays. That is why I haven't been posting much. The man is such a distraction.

I bought the book "The Secret", just for tits and giggles. It's nothing that really hasn't been said before. Yah, yah, power of the universe, what you put out, you get back. Well, if the Mayan Calendar is correct, we'll all be swamped in 2012, and unless you go to Montana, you will probably be pushing up daisies. So really, does anything matter in the long run? Well, maybe if they get those thirteen crystal skulls aligned, we will be okay.

I heard somewhere, that we will have such an amazing conscious awakening that our pets will be able to have deep conversations with us. I wonder if they will begrudge me for my nose addiction? Speaking of which, what isn't a post without an update on my dogs? Wookie won second in obedience. Also today, I was covered in blood after getting Stella's toes clipped. When I came home, I reamed out her plushy wrinkle, and moisturized her crispy nose with cocoa butter, then the other dogs wanted an application of nose gloss. So I washed their faces, and liberally applied it to their snouts.

Anyhooo, Addled is on vacay (that word is absolutely terrible). . .all these pieces of words that are being used fluently. The worst is "wit you" instead of "with you".

Addled has been on the computer constantly, looking for cars. I had thought we had kind of settled on one, now we are looking at pre-owned junkers. Personally, I have removed myself from the situation, and have left it in my husbands hands. It's not like I am going to be driving a standard. I am able to drive a standard, but I hate it. The only redeeming quality is that it can sound really cool. I learned to drive on a standard vehicle, but I like my gas guzzling truck. It's sexy, I don't have to multi task, and I can keep my eyes on the road and not worry about the tachometer, or the sound of the engine to tell me when to switch gears. Years ago, when my future husband was driving his Daddy's sports car, I found it quite sexy when he would switch gears, as I watched his bejewelled hands clasp the gear shift, and watched his feet on the clutch. He had such flair.

This type of ordeal happens on holidays. There is usually a death (we have to go to poor Uncle Ernie's funeral on Friday). Illness (Addled and Gibbles are phlegm factories), or plagues (my house is crawling with house centipedes and black ants). Right now, the cats are in my good books because I found them eating a finger sized centipede. It's the old house syndrome. We are either full of ladybugs or centipedes. Centipedes are a blessing of sorts, because they eat spiders. My only concern is when brushing my teeth and one pops up out of the drain.

Now, about the malaise in the house. I have been taking a herbal concoction of elderberry juice (Sambugaurd), Astragalus, Neem, Vitamin D and Oil of Oregano. Yummy.

Oh crap, His Nibs is coming downstairs and he wants to look at Civics.

0 comments: