20080612

I love the sound of wind. When the wind blows the curtains and the cool air of night enters the room. It is such a wonderful feeling.

As I lay in bed tonight, trying to get to sleep, with no avail, I listened to the relative quiet outside, aside from the wind blowing through the open window.

Then Addled came up to bed and started trying to find underwear. We have a situation Houston. My washing machine has decided not to spin. This may be a temporary setback or I may have to get another washing machine. I have tried three different cycles, yet the water just sits there. Unfortunately, it is a front loader, and every time I dig to get the wash out, water slops and sloshes onto the floor. The back room is carpeted, underneath is about five layers of linoleum, and if my back is doing okay tomorrow, I may just have to rip it out.

With old houses, you never know what you are going to find beneath the layers. Hopefully, what I think is dark green linoleum, is consistant throughout. What is funny, while I was hunting for treasures on Sunday in Bayfield, I came across a whole box of green linoleum. My original though was use it for lino prints. They may be used for a more utilitarian purpose though.

I listed a few things on eBay, just to test the waters again. Nothing much, no family heirlooms or real treasures. Then I got side tracked looking at the double mantle Coleman lanterns. . .

Later: So, I decided to try and fix the damn washing machine myself. I detatched the drain hose with some needle nosed pliers, but forgot since there was oodles of water inside the machine, and voila, my laundry room/dog crate/ sink area are completely flooded. I smell now. Nothing came out but water, so I probably need a whole new pump kit. What a putrid mess, the carpet is coming up tomorrow.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

No rest for the weary, Lisa. AnonOmum