A friend described the movement of leaves across the pavement as "tree tarantulas" (Kyle). I love it, we have a few left, the odd clinger on a tree, and a few scuttling across the road.
It was cold last night, I broke out the Uber-boots for the first time, and we walked the dogs, through the wind and the blustery chill of what is now in my mind, deemed Winter. Autumn is fleeting. Autumn is a nice word for the transition of colours from green to ochre, beyond that, it's Winter. I don't care what the calendar dictates, if it's cold and past Hallowe'en, it's Winter.
There were snow pebbles this morning, and my coniferous arrangements were in disarray. Something happened two nights ago, and all of a sudden I was ripping branches off trees and bushes in the middle of a rain event, in the dark. I still need to grab some red winter berries, I may go into the woods for those, the only hesitation, is poison ivy. Regardless of what season, in my mind, it is still dangerous.
Next week is supposed to "warm up" and a friend and I will be taking Antonio to the big city. I have a few small gifts to pick up, and my shopping is done. This will be an easy Christmas, and a calm one, now, New Years, we shall see. ;)
I may go out Sunday with another friend but it all depends on what the kids are up to and Addled. The kids want to see the new puppy. Which means, I either have to kennel the two dogs and bring one, or bring them all. I may just bring them all.
Wow, even being down for a while, almost 40,000 hits. Pretty neato burrito. |
0 comments:
Post a Comment