20070913

Holy Flaming Johnny On The Spot

W.B. and I set out on a walk tonight, as it was a perfect night for cardiovascular endeavours.

As we started up the hill, W.B. interrupted my oration with "IS THAT JOHNNY ON THE SPOT ON FIRE?" It was smoking, and we weren't sure with the cool weather if someone was in "mid-success" and the smoke was actually steam, or if it was actually smoke from combustion.

After surveying the port-a-potty from a short distance, we decided to walk swiftly to a neighbouring home to alert the home owner to call 911. It was an emergency.

We strolled back to the scene and got a little closer, and we heard a very odd sound, we didn't want to get too close, just in case the Crapper decided to blow. Noxious fumes were inhaled, and we backed up a little bit. We were trying NOT to laugh. I said we should look serious when the proper authorities arrived, otherwise, they would think we set it. W.B. instructed me not to look at her, otherwise we would be convulsing by the time the firefighters arrived. We did not want a replay of the Killdeer Chronicles.

Soon, the fire trucks arrived, bells dinging, and sirens wailing! A very quick response, indeed, we were very impressed. It is amazing how fast the response time is here, it is an amazing volunteer force.

The fire was put out swiftly, efficiently, and very professionally. Way to go Firefighters!


Edit: Since I have a habit lately of having a hard time speaking, (finding my words) something really stupid flew out of my mouth last night.

When the firefighters came over to ask us questions, one said "Lisa, what were you doing?", I replied something lame, but then Wookie, decided to act a bit strange. I apologized and said "This is the first time she has seen firefighters in their costumes". . . How absolutely moronic, instead of saying"gear" or "outfits" or "accouterments" I said COSTUMES. Also, since I have a really hard time recognizing people, I had no idea who he was. I had to ask W.B. afterwards, and felt even more ridiculous, since I should have recognized him. Now I feel like I have insulted yet another group of people.

When I woke up this morning, I looked like I had been hexed with a case of the "pox" (hmmm. . .it's possible), two zits. One right between my eyebrows, and one centered on my chin. It, as my husband so lovingly observed, "looks like you have a labrette piercing". Since I was not in a good mood, I lovingly retorted "looks like you need a dose of Fuck Off", and then we laughed like crazy. Ya, a great start to my day. I have an "event" to go to tomorrow, and I look wretched.

0 comments: